Manufacturer Part Number: BINTSTBEXT
DESCRIPTIONIncredible quality HDMI capture and playback!
Intensity lets you capture and playback in the most incredible quality of HDMI and component analog video in both SD and HD. Smash the quality barrier for your video work because Intensity is not only the highest quality, but also affordable! There are three fantastic models of Intensity; Intensity Pro for PCI Express based computers, Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 computers and new Intensity Extreme with lightning-fast Thunderbolt™ technology! From $199
Highest Quality Video
Most consumer video cameras compress HD video to fit longer recordings on to tape and discs. For video editing compressed media needs to be decoded to play back each frame of video and this puts additional strain on your computer's CPU and limits real-time editing effects. Capturing directly with Intensity bypasses camera compression by recording directly from the camera's image sensor, so a low cost consumer camera can be used to capture full HD resolution video in broadcast quality!
PCI Express, USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt™
It’s easy to add the amazing quality of Intensity to your laptop, desktop or computer workstation! Intensity is available in different models that connect to computers with the fastest PCIe, USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt™ technology. Intensity uses the latest USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt™ technology with the fastest data transfer speeds. Now you can capture the highest uncompressed 1080HD video with portable devices that are powered from the computer connection! That's truly portable!
Choose from a great range of Intensity models!
- Intensity Pro - Intensity Pro is a PCIe card for workstations. HDMI connections are built into the card and a breakout cable with RCA connectors is included for all your analog video and audio equipment.
- Intensity Shuttle - Intensity Shuttle is perfect for portable use or moving quickly between computers. Available in two versions featuring either the latest fast Thunderbolt™ or USB 3.0 technology.
- Intensity Extreme - Intensity Extreme is machined from a solid piece of aluminum and is both super tough and beautifully designed. Connects to your computer using fast Thunderbolt™ technology.
Professional Video Standards
Intensity offers the flexibility of working with compressed and uncompressed video in standard definition PAL/NTSC up to full 1080HD video. Now it’s possible to capture live game play, archive family movies and create amazing videos in full broadcast quality video! Blackmagic Design’s Media Express software is included for a complete capture and playback solution without the need for any additional software.
Record your Game Play!
Connect Intensity to game consoles for amazing live action game play recording! Intensity features the same high quality electronics as Blackmagic Design’s high end broadcast capture and playback solutions! Now you can capture live game play with full quality and full motion without dropped frames. Archive your gaming forever in digital file formats that are easy to edit, store and playback.
True HDMI Digital Connections
Intensity features HDMI-in for connecting to cameras and digital set-top boxes for the highest quality capture. Get higher quality capture from HD cameras by capturing direct and bypassing the HDV compression chip for high quality video captured direct from the image sensor. As edit software can't play back to HDV cameras for monitoring, Intensity is ideal to use for monitoring uncompressed HD or HDV, and even DV edits on the latest big screen televisions and video projectors by connecting to the built-in HDMI out.
Highest Quality Analog Connections
Intensity Shuttle has built-in HDMI and analog video and audio connections, with all inputs on one side and all outputs on the other. The analog connections for Intensity Pro and Intensity Extreme are provided with a breakout cable that is included with each model.
Uncompressed or Compressed Video
HDV and DV use heavy compression. This increases the load on your computer's CPU as editing software decodes the video just to display each frame. Working with uncompressed video leaves the CPU free for real-time effects and your system will feel snappy and fast to use. As uncompressed HD requires a fast disk array, Intensity also works with compressed video that's higher quality than HDV. You can also use popular editing software codecs like Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD.
Full HD Resolution
Intensity captures full HD images with 1920 x 1080 pixels for every video frame. HDV reduces the image size to 1440 pixels wide due to the limitations of camera storage and the data transfer speed of FireWire. Modern video cameras have built-in HDMI output and you can directly capture from the camera's image sensor. Now you can get professional quality images from low cost cameras and record the image sensor's full quality before any compression is applied.
DVD and Blu-Ray Authoring
DVD and Blu-Ray Discs created from uncompressed media are much higher quality and look amazing! Intensity can create QuickTime™ and AVI video files that are fully compatible with editing and DVD authoring software. Use popular software like Adobe Encore to produce incredible looking DVDs and Blu-Ray discs for you to keep forever!
Improve the quality of internet video streaming by starting with a clean uncompressed video source! Compressing to streaming standards from already compressed video will dramatically reduce quality and it will take more computer processing resources. Intensity works with all leading streaming software so you can capture video in the highest possible quality before applying a single form of compression that suits delivery over the web!
Blackmagic Media Express Included!
Blackmagic Media Express is free software that comes with every Intensity model. Media Express lets you batch capture and playback in uncompressed YUV and RGB QuickTime, AVI and DPX, or compressed ProRes, DVCPRO and MJPEG files. You can create your own playlist, organize clip bins and add additional metadata. Media Express is perfect for software applications that don't support direct capture and playback with tape decks from within the software itself. Media Express supports XML and CMX EDL import and export, plus frame accurate deck control via RS-422. Media Express is a complete solution for capture and playback!
Use the software you love!
Intensity works with the software you love to use! Use DirectShow™ and QuickTime™ software, or the World's most popular editing software such as Media Composer 6™, Final Cut Pro™ and Premiere Pro™. You also get Photoshop™ plug-ins to grab and output frames, plus real-time preview in After Effects™ and Nuke™. No other cards support more software on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux, so you have the freedom to work with your favorite tools!
- Final Cut Pro - Edit in Final Cut Pro™ with Intensity Pro, while using the highest quality uncompressed video, or choose DVCPRO HD and ProRes 422, which are higher quality and faster than native HDV. You can even use Intensity Pro just for monitoring to HDMI televisions from HDV Final Cut Pro timelines! When playing back video, you get full RT Extreme™ real-time effects, all with sample accurate AV sync. Intensity Pro supports many of the advanced Final Cut Pro™ features such as 10 bit rendering, RT Extreme™, and support for ProRes 422, HDV, JPEG, DV, DV50, DV100, 8 and 10 bit uncompressed media types.
- Avid Media Composer 6 - Avid Media Composer has been the choice of professional editors for over 20 years. The Avid Media Composer 6 family of software, including Avid Symphony and Avid NewsCutter, provides fully integrated support for Intensity. Capture and playback in full uncompressed quality, or directly in Avid DNxHD or other popular compressed video formats. Media Composer 6 has fast and familiar operation and it’s new 64 bit architecture plays back complex layered effects in real-time. Intensity lets you capture, edit, monitor and playback with Media Composer 6, making it the perfect choice for professionals who need the best Avid workflow on Mac OS X and Windows 7.
- Adobe Premiere Pro - On Windows, Blackmagic's full resolution (1920 x 1080) professional quality compressed HD codec can capture JPEG AVI files in real-time using Premiere Pro. Unlike HDV and DVCPRO HD which uses reduced resolution 1440 x 1080 video, Blackmagic's Online JPEG maintains the full resolution 1920 x 1080 resolution of HD video without the huge file size of uncompressed HD video. Blackmagic's Online JPEG is so efficient that full motion 1080i HD video can be recorded at only 12 MB per second vs. a massive 119 MB per second for uncompressed HD video.
- Adobe After Effects - Intensity even allows high end design and effects work, great for the special effects you've always wanted in Independent Films, use After Effects, Combustion™, Photoshop® and more. Intensity also includes an RGB QuickTime™ preview output for After Effects and Fusion™. And, you can always preview on the video-out interactively as you design and then play pre-renders using real-time ram preview. When rendering your project, processing quality using the Blackmagic codec is full 16 bit, so you always get the advantage of uncompressed video.
- Adobe Photoshop - Intensity includes special Photoshop plug-ins, so you can directly capture and output still frames from within Photoshop. Outputting Photoshop graphics from Intensity lets you see the correct color and the effects of video interlace and field movement. Intensity uses the correct video levels so you can't get illegal 100% RGB video levels eliminating, surprises when graphics are displayed!
- Sony Vegas Pro - Sony Vegas Pro works seamlessly with Intensity Pro and Shuttle for an incredible SD and HD editing experience! Use powerful video effects and versatile audio editing tools while previewing your work in real-time even with full HD projects! Capture up to 10 bit uncompressed so you can start with the best possible image quality for your Blu-ray Disc creation or Windows Media 9 content distribution.
Blackmagic Utilities Included!
Intensity also includes Blackmagic LiveKey and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test™. LiveKey lets you insert logos and other graphics in real-time using SDI outputs. Disk Speed Test checks your disk array and gives you an easy to understand speed test with the results in video frames per second!
- Disk Speed Test - Configuring a high speed disk array for high speed uncompressed high definition video is getting easier. Even SATA disks can be connected together for low cost arrays with amazing speed and capacity. Use Disk Speed Test (included free) to get a great real world indication of your disk array performance. Reported in a simple frames per second count, Disk Speed Test uses long sustained block transfers just like capturing and playing video, so it's more accurate than generic disk test utilities.
- Blackmagic Software Codec - Sometimes you might not have a Intensity card installed, so with the Blackmagic Software Codec you can still access 10 bit uncompressed files, even with 16 bit rendering. It's only takes a minute to download and get full media file access even without Intensity hardware installed. You can read and render files on as many systems as you like. Even pass our codec to your clients and freelancers so they can move files to portable disks and work offline too! The Blackmagic Software Codec even reads and renders other uncompressed files on both Mac OS X™ and Window™ for QuickTime™ and AVI for Windows™.
Intensity Pro ($199 MSRP)
Intensity Pro is the world’s first HDMI and analog component, NTSC/PAL and S-Video PCIe capture and playback card for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux computers. Intensity Pro is great for HDTV or standard definition editing using big screen televisions and video projectors. Intensity Pro works with uncompressed SD or HD video, and compressed codecs such as DNxHD, ProRes, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO 50, JPEG, HDV and DV! Intensity Pro is a professional editing card featuring maximum real-time effects in Avid Media Composer 6™, Apple Final Cut Pro™ and Adobe Premiere Pro™, with full support for both uncompressed and compressed AVI and QuickTime files. Intensity Pro also has full integration with Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. Connection Diagram - http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/138863/intensitypro.png
Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 (MSRP $199)
Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0, the world’s first 10 bit HD/SD editing solution for USB 3.0 computers! Simply plug in Intensity Shuttle and get access to incredible quality 10 bit HDMI, analog component, composite and s-video capture and playback. Intensity Shuttle’s innovative design is compact and portable, plus you can plug inline with your cables because input connections are on one side, and output connections on the other! Intensity Shuttle powers from the USB 3.0 connection so you don’t need cumbersome power supplies. Intensity Shuttle comes ready with advanced video technology such as HDMI 1.3 and 1080p electronics, so it will grow as faster high performance USB 3.0 computers are released in the future! Connection Diagram - http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/138868/intensityshuttle.png
Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt™ (MSRP $239)
Intensity Shuttle is now available with incredibly fast Thunderbolt™ technology. Capture and playback the highest quality SD and HD video in full 10-bit quality, with HDMI, analog component, composite and S-Video connections. Intensity Shuttle’s innovative design is compact and portable, plus you can plug inline with your cables because input connections are on one side, and output connections on the other! Intensity Shuttle is powered over the Thunderbolt™ cable so you don’t need cumbersome power supplies. Intensity Shuttle uses the same high quality electronics as Blackmagic Design's high end capture and playback solutions. Connection Diagram - http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/3173724/intensityshuttlethunder.png
Intensity Extreme (MSRP $299)
Intensity Extreme, the World’s first HD/SD editing solution to feature lightning fast Thunderbolt™ technology. Simply plug in Intensity Extreme to get incredible quality HDMI, component video, s-video and composite capture and playback for Thunderbolt™ based computers. The perfect solution for videographers, Intensity Extreme includes SD/HD capture and playback in compressed and uncompressed video quality. Better still, this revolutionary new device is compatible with Avid Media Composer 6™, Final Cut Pro™, Adobe Premiere Pro™, Adobe After Effects™, Nuke™, DaVinci Resolve and more. Connection Diagram - http://www.blackmagic-design.com/media/2165345/intensityextreme.png
Compare Intensity Family specifications here - http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/techspecs/