| Manufacturer Part Number: IS1247|
BoinxTV is like your personal TV truck without the truck. Combine live camera video, clips, photos, 3D graphics, lower thirds, audio and more to create a stunning recording or live video. BoinxTV is perfect for recording presentations, lectures, video podcasts, sports, concerts, sermons and more. Stream live to the internet or upload right after the event.
New in v1.9
- Correct previews of filtered sources in source repository.
- Possible deadlock when changing file reference type of movie sources.
- Create export AppleScripts from a template.
- Movie sources can now be configured as looped from within BoinxTV. Select a movie source in the source repository and select "Looped" from the source settings action menu.
- Layer templates can now be exported and are prepared for your own layer development.
- Many more small bug fixes.
Use For Webcasting
The things you are interested in are not on TV? No problem! It has never been easier to be the host of your own TV show and get your message out. Install BoinxTV on your Mac, connect a camera and you are set to make stunning videos for a global audience that look like the stuff on TV.
It's Your Show
Call it webcasting, video podcasting or whatever, it all boils down to this: It's your show, your voice, your opinion. Easily run your own TV show from your living room and reach the global audience with professional looking video on a shoe string budget.
Produce on a budget
The key to running a successful video podcast is to create a lot of high quality content quickly and efficiently. BoinxTV is your way to achieve this because it takes away all the editing that used to take hours and hours. Spending more time creating new content and less time editing is the ultimate money saver because it frees you up to do more productive things.
As Seen on TV
BoinxTV is like having your own professional TV studio. It has all the whiz-bang the big guys have. Check out the creative possibilities page to be inspired. At the same time, it lacks all the complexities of traditional professional broadcast equipment, so it is easy to learn and to master.
One of the things that used to cost an arm and a leg and comes included with BoinxTV is the chroma keying. With it, you can remove a uniform colored background and replace it with a picture of a studio. In Broadcasting, this is called a "virtual studio" and saves you lots of money building a set. It is also very easy to set up and take down again.
You can even take it a step further. Use streaming services such as uStream, Justin.tv, Lifestream, Zaplive and others and go live! BoinxTV records your show and allows you to output the video in real-time to a secondary monitor full screen from where it can be broadcast to the world.
Use At Events
Extend the reach of your event to a global audience to make it more relevant and more valuable to those who attend in person. Create stunning recordings of the presentations or stream them live to the internet easily and on a much lower budget than you think.
Record Talks and Presentations
Talks and presentations, performed at a trade show, a seminar or a conference, have high value content that is easy to leverage with your audience or the presenters if you are able to easily and effortlessly create a stunning recording using impressive computer graphics and multiple perspectives. BoinxTV is a tool that dramatically reduces the efforts required to create videos from your stage.
Include the Slides
Great slides support a great presentation. Working them into the video stream used to be a time consuming task. Some solutions even tried to separate the slides from the video to make it easier. With BoinxTV just insert them live and in real-time into your recording or stream so that the audience gets the whole picture. Use attractive graphics such as a 3D presenter view or a picture-in-picture setting.
Stream it Live
A dream comes true. Reaching out beyond the walls of your event venue and reaching millions of viewers everywhere around the globe. BoinxTV creates a real-time video and audio signal that can easily be turned into a live video stream to be distributed through a streaming service such as uStream, Stickam, Livestream or Zaplive.
Beef up the Stage
At big events, it has become customary to project a video of the speaker on the big screen on stage. Use BoinxTV to beef up that projection with great graphics effects. You could even use that same video for streaming and recording to get triple use out of your one time investment.
Use In School
Reading, writing and arithmetic were the essential skills of the last century. Now, expressing yourself in and mastering the production of video has become a whole new dimension of learning and creativity which is slowly appearing in the curriculum in schools around the world. It has become a new essential skill for students in the 21st century.
BoinxTV is a brilliant tool for education. It keeps students interested and engaged by simplifying the video production workflow, allowing them to focus more on the content while at the same time empowering them to create visually appealing videos that look like they have been produced by a real TV production company.
Satisfying Learning Experience
BoinxTV gives students an immediate sense of achievement—it's fun and motivating for those in front of the camera, but also for the operating studio team, to see the results immediately after the recording. For most students, it is a much more satisfying and motivating experience to have an active role in making a television show than just watching one. Creating documentaries, conducting interviews, and developing events gives the students limitless possibilities for producing creative films in a virtual environment—building a learning experience that is personally relevant to them, that is personally created, written, edited, and photographed by them.
Make your SchoolTV turn heads
BoinxTV opens up remarkable new opportunities to inform about educational projects and school activities, narrowing the gap between school and community. Easily record the Christmas play or sports events and broadcast it to your community via Internet or Public Access TV. Being a member of the production team will become very prestigious as the viewers will watch in wonder.
Less effort – more result
Class projects gets more vivid and fun with video. Video creators used to have to spend many hours editing their takes to get a professional-looking result. BoinxTV dramatically reduces the overall production time as cuts, graphic effects, titles and more can be applied easily during the recording of the project. Everything that can be done during that stage does not have to be done in post-production. Students can focus on the content, and don't waste their time with editing. This is a big advantage: A basic video production with BoinxTV can be accomplished within the existing timeframe of the class schedule.
An affordable studio
The equipment of a full-blown television studio has always been a heavy investment for educational organizations or is simply out of reach. With BoinxTV you get an affordable, scalable and easy-to-learn solution to build a low-cost TV studio, even with multiple cameras. BoinxTV provides all the possibilities of expensive studio hardware, with software, to create shows with a higher production quality in less time at a fraction of the cost.
Easy to master (for teachers too!)
Students will master BoinxTV in a breeze, but Teachers will not be left far behind. BoinxTV has been honored with an Apple Design Award for its excellent usability and innovation by Apple, the company know for easy to use products. In contrast to traditional Broadcasting equipment, BoinxTV is extremely intuitive, making it easy to comprehend and use.
Skills fostered by the use of BoinxTV
Working with video and especially with BoinxTV, students will acquire numerous skills. First of all of course the technical skills needed to produce a TV show: How does the equipment work? What are the workflows needed to create a live TV show? Apart from that, a lot of soft skills are honed: How do I express and present my point of view? How do I collaborate with others? How do I tell a compelling story? How do I present my school and events to the Community? In the process they also develop their media competencies and learn to understand how the media they consume every day presents an image of the world.
- Recording a news show
- Conducting interviews
- Presenting a weather report
- Making a documentary
- Create a training video to show people how to do things
- Explaining and broadcasting school projects
- Recording drama lessons to evaluate yourself
- Training for giving presentations, speeches, moderation
- Creating advertisments for school, college, courses, etc.
- Making short motion pictures using croma-keying insteed of seachring locations. They can easily take place in different counties, the past, the futur or maybe inside a famous picture
- Produce a daily live show during a foreign student exchange program for the parents at home
- University - For faculties throughout the world it has become a standard to provide videos of their lectures and seminars online
- Broadcasting - Broadcasting needs to get off its butt to survive the media revolution. BoinxTV is the Broadcaster's secret weapon
- Government - Transparency and accountability are the motiviation for making town hall meetings accessible to the public through video on the internet
The powerful Layer concept of BoinxTV means that you have virtually endless possibilities for designing your show template. Feel free to use one of the included templates as a starting point and by simple customization create a unique signature for your show. Take inspiration from the following, incomplete, gallery of demo reels highlighting technology in BoinxTV.
View videos on the possibilities here - http://boinx.com/boinxtv/creativepossibilities/
Example Configurations - http://boinx.com/boinxtv/exampleconfigurations/
Using BoinxTV with Matrox MXO
The Matrox MXO enables BoinxTV to output an SDI signal for easy integration into existing workflows. With its unique and versatile Layers which can also be easily modified to customer specifications, BoinxTV provides a rich tool set for broadcasters to quickly and inexpensively implement visualisation of data like RSS feeds (for example Twitter) or databases (like stock market information).
Using BoinxTV with Matrox MXO2
The Matrox MXO2 supports video input through SDI, HDMI, Component, CVBS and S-Video. This enables BoinxTV to use an SDI signal as an input and perform its graphical magic on it before streaming live to the internet, for example.
Another use case for the Matrox MXO2 is the input of low-latency analog or HDMI video input. This is especially useful if the video is projected on a stage where low-latency is required. The MXO2 also supports hardware based downscaling of HD signals so that 1080p signals can be used in 720p or NTSC/PAL projects without putting extra downscaling load on the software.
Using BoinxTV with Grass Valley ADVC55
The Grass Valley ADVC55 captures analog video over composite and S-Video connectors as well as audio over RCA and converts them to a Firewire DV stream that can be used in BoinxTV. It is compatible with all Macs that have a firewire connection
BoinxTV is a very complex application. Many components are relying on each other to make its magic happen. How well BoinxTV works on any given system depends on what you are trying to do. Because the only way to know for sure is to try it out, there is a 5 day free trial period built into BoinxTV that can be extended to 30 days upon request. Here is the link for the trial version - http://boinx.com/download/#boinxtv
- Mac Hardware
- Minimum - PowerMac G5
- Recommended - All Intel Multicore CPU based Mac with discrete graphics (MacBook Pro's starting late 2007)
- Notes - BoinxTV runs on all current notebook and desktop Macs (including the MacBook with NVIDIA GeForce 9400M) with the exception of the Macs with integrated Intel GMA graphics (old Mac mini and the white and black MacBook).
- Minimum - 2GB
- Recommended - 8GB
- Notes - The main memory is not a significant factor for performance. Video ram is much more important.
- Graphics Card
- Minimum - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (ATI required on PowerMac G5, e.g ATI Radeon X800 XT with 256MB VRAM)
- Recommended - Discrete graphic card with at least 512MB VRAM
- Notes - The most important component and more relevant to the performance than the main processor is the graphics card as it is used for all the video composition and graphical effects.
- Mac OS X
- Minimum - Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8)
- Recommended - Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.4 or newer)
- OSX Lion NOW SUPPORTED
- Notes - Since version 1.4 BoinxTV fully supports Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard with huge performance gains. Upgrading to Snow Leopard is strongly recommended for all users of BoinxTV 1.4 (or higher) as soon as the drivers for their hardware components such as video input cards or audio interfaces have been updated to Snow Leopard compatible versions. Future versions of BoinxTV will require Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Minimum - QuickTime 7.6.6 (on Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8) or Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (includes QuickTime)
- Notes - In addition Apple Intermediate Codec that is installed as part of iLife '05 and newer or one of the Apple Pro software packages is strongly recommended.
- Video Input
- Minimum - Webcam
- Recommended - Professional video camera with Firewire, SDI or HDMI
- Notes - Use QuickTime compatible video sources such as DV cameras with FireWire (sometimes called i.Link or IEEE1394), HDV cameras (if they support progressive mode), HDMI cameras (with HDMI interface card such as Blackmagic Design Intensity), iSight camera, USB webcams (if supplied with QuickTime driver) and many more.
- Audio Input
- Minimum - Line-In / Build-in Microphone
- Recommended - USB or Firewire Audio Interface and professional microphones
- Notes - Use any audio device available in your system. Integrate with Soundflower and other audio routing utilities for audio interviews with Skype, iChat and others.