Manufacturer Part Number: 96-01226
The Niagara 7550 can input high-definition and standard definition SDI video with embedded SDI audio, balanced and unbalanced audio, and AES/EBU digital audio. The system supports Adaptive encoding for Adobe® and Apple® HTTP (live streaming to iPhone® and iPad® mobile digital devices), Adobe Flash® H.264, H.264, MPEG-4 and Windows Media® (Silverlight®) SD and HD as well as container support for 3GPP and 3GPP2. The front touch panel includes user controls and status displays, such as a video confidence monitor; A,B,C buttons for easy access to pre-defined encoding profiles; and the system menu on the LCD display.
The Niagara 7550 also includes SimulStream® and Niagara SCX® version 6 management software so you can control key features through a web interface. The preloaded self-documenting software development kit (SDK) allows you to customize software for your specific workflow. (See part number VCSTENG1 for engineering support).
Ninety (90) days of installation support and maintenance (95-02021) is included free. The purchase of an annual renewable support and maintenance agreement (95-02026) is highly recommended. Package includes: rack slide rails, rack handles and rubber feet.
NEW: ViewCast is extending software support for Niagara SCX® video streaming software on new Niagara® streaming systems for an additional nine months when customers register a newly-purchased Niagara streaming system within the first 30 days. Currently, customers receive three months software support on Niagara systems. Niagara SCX lets customers manage live video streaming via local or remote control.
- Live capture, encoding and streaming for professional-grade digital video and audio delivery
- High-definition and standard-definition SDI video, embedded SDI, AES/EBU and analog audio capabilities
- Video confidence monitor
- Touch-control interface, front-panel LCD status display, multi-segment LED audio meters
- Niagara 7550 supports live adaptive streaming to Adobe Flash® RTMP dynamic and Apple HTTP live (iPhone and iPad mobil digital devices), Adobe Flash H.264, MPEG-4, H.264, and Microsoft® Windows Media® (Silverlight) SD and HD, as well as container support for 3GPP and 3GPP2.
- Individually brand streams with bitmap overlays (e.g., logos and graphics)
- Niagara SCX® with web interface provides remote setup, control and monitoring
- Self-documenting SDK for workflow customization
- Front-panel A,B,C buttons activate one-touch, pre-programmable streaming profiles
- Self-contained unit - no mouse, monitor or keyboard required
- Live streaming / simulcasting
- Mobile TV
- Video on Demand
Ideal Solutions For:
- Delivery networks
- Network service provider
High-definition streaming so advanced, it’s simple.
Video streaming from high-definition (HD) video sources has reached a new level of quality and performance with the Niagara 7550. Designed for professional broadcasting applications, this powerful streaming
appliance simplifies the complex workflows often associated with the transformation of HD video over broadband and mobile networks.
The Niagara 7550 takes advantage of the latest multi-core processing technology giving you the power you need for multi-platform video streaming applications.
Simplicity without sacrificing functionality.
The Niagara 7550 accepts standard- or high-definition video through its SDI interface, and can switch on-thefly between SD or HD sources, without having to reinitialize the system. An SDI loop-out is also provided to facilitate your workflow.
Audio inputs include analog stereo, two channels of AES/EBU and up to eight stereo pairs of embedded SDI audio. Its powerful video pre-processing features include closed-caption extraction and rendering, deinterlacing, inverse telecine, bitmap overlay, scaling and cropping.
Multi-platform video delivery.
The Niagara 7550 comes standard with ViewCast SimulStream® technology. From a single video source, you can deliver multiple simultaneous streams in various formats, bit rates and resolutions, including live streaming to Apple® iPhone® and iPad® mobile digital devices.
It also includes Niagara SCX® management software so you can control all of its key features remotely, through an easy-to-use web interface.
Niagara SCX greatly enhances the live streaming delivery experience for both broadcasters and iPhone users. By eliminating the need for an external stream segmenter, encoding workflows are simplified and overall system costs reduced.
Schedule and manage live video.
VMp Live, an event scheduling software module that is part of the ViewCast Media Platform (VMp™) suite of products, is now available as an add-on component to the Niagara 7550. VMp Live is an easy to use, costeffective solution to schedule and manage your live video events.
Niagara SCX web interface
The Niagara 7550 appliances are pre-configured with Niagara SCX remote management software. This web-based user interface allows you to browse to any Niagara 7550 on a LAN or WAN and manage the following system configurations:
- Create, modify and delete encoder profiles.
- Start and stop individual encoders.
- Pre-configure and assign encoding profiles to A,B,C buttons.
- View and manage encoder log files and entries.
- Modify system network configuration settings (network name, IP configuration).
* Output streams tested up to 720p
- Encoding Formats:
- Adobe® Flash® H.264 *
- Adobe® Flash RTMP dynamic streaming
- Apple® HTTP live streaming
- Microsoft® Windows Media® (Silverlight®) SD and HD *
- MPEG-4, H.264, H.263
- 3GPP, 3GPP2 container support for MPEG-4
- LCD status display
- Video presence indicator
- Stereo audio headset (3.5 mm)
- Front confidence monitor
- SDI (standard definition and high definition) (1 x BNC)
- Embedded SDI Audio (16 channels or 8 stereo pair)
- AES/EBU (4 channels or 2 stereo pair) (2 x XLR)
- Balanced stereo (2 x XLR)
- Unbalanced stereo (2 x RCA)
- Video Format:
- SMPTE 259M and 292M SDI standards
- USB ports: 2 rear panel, 1 front panel
- Ethernet: 2 x 1 Gbit ports
- Niagara SCX® with Web interface
- Multi-core processors
- 1 terabyte SATA HDD
- Osprey® 710e HD technology
- Scaling, cropping, de-interlacing, inverse telecine, closed-caption rendering
- Closed-caption rendering (SD only)
- 2U rack mount appliance (2RU x 17in W x 22in D) (2RU x 43.18 cm W x 55.88 cm D)
- Hardware Warranty:
- 21 Month limited hardware warranty
- Niagara 7550
- Rack slide rails
- Rack handles
- Rubber feet