Manufacturer Part Number: XPDT-X16-242-INT
GPU-Xpander Desktops are an economical way to enhance the Input/Output (I/O) power of any computer with an open PCIe x8 or x16 expansion slot. A hardware-only solution, GPU-Xpander expands the I/O capability of your computer by adding PCIe slots, power and cooling. Each Xpander Desktop model can add between two - four PCI Express slots to your computer, while using only one slot of the host computer. Add high-powered graphics GPU cards from NVIDIA® for mathematical high-performance computing (HPC) or photorealistic 3D rendering to your existing computer with GPU-Xpander.
Xpander Desktop Series II provides a maximum bandwidth of 80Gbps and four PCIe Gen 2 x16 (x16 electrical) with external x16 connectivity to the host. Xpander Desktop Series II, with its fast transfer rate, is ideal for use in high-end, 3D rendering or HPC. Xpander Desktop Series II is recommended by NVIDIA for use with Quadro DVP applications.
Which GPU-Xpander Desktops are best for me?
Use the questions listed here to identify which GPU-Xpanders are best suited for your requirements.
I want to connect tower computers to 2 double-wide or 4 single-wide adapters each with the fastest possible transfer rate to/from the adapters and temperature-controlled fan.
Xpander Desktop Series II provides 4 PCIe x16 slots with a single host interface card (HIC) for a PCIe x16 slot and a transfer rate of 80Gbps. Series II provides a temperature-controlled fan that scales from 25 degrees C to 50 degrees C.
I want to connect tower computers to 4 single-wide or 4 double-wide adapters each with the fastest possible transfer rate to/from the adapters. I also want a quiet fan option for single-wide.
GPU-Xpander 4 provides 4 PCIe x16 slots with a HIC for a PCIe x16 slot and a transfer rate of 80Gbps. Black Magic Design certified DaVinci Resolve 9.0 to run with GPU-Xpander Desktop 4. A quiet fan option is available for connection to Apple Mac Pro with single-wide GPUs. The standard fan is best suited with four double-wide GPUs.
Desktop Series II
Xpander Desktop Series II updates GPU-Xpander Desktop 2 with 4 PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 2 x16 slots. Connecting Series II to your Apple Mac Pro, Linux or Microsoft® Windows 7 / 8 host computers provide your desktop operators with four single-wide, or two double-wide GPUs, or other PCIe cards such as Red® Rocket, NVIDIA SDI Capture or other cards.
Series II is an economical way to add GPUs or other PCIe cards to your host computers. Installing the Cubix host interface controller (HIC) in an available PCIe Gen 2 / Gen 3 x16 slot within your host computers assures your operators that they will enjoy a full 80Gbps (5Gbps x 16 lanes = 80Gbps) transfer rate to and from the GPUs or other cards you install in Xpander Desktop Series II.
Add two NVIDIA Quadro 4000 / 5000 / 6000, GeForce GTX 580 / 680, Tesla C2050 / C2070 / C2075 graphics or other controllers to any computer that has an available PCIe expansion slot using Xpander. Install the HIC in the computer's PCIe x16 slot and connect it to Xpander Desktop Series II. You have just added two double-wide or four single-wide CUDA-capable graphics or HPC controllers to your current PC or Mac Pro without buying a new computer.
- Install blazing fast hardware acceleration within minutes
- Four PCIe 2.x x16 expansion slots (x16 electrical) in each Xpander Desktop Series II
- Two dual-slot or four single-wide GPUs like NVIDIA® Quadro 4000 / 5000 / 6000
- Two dual-slot powerful GPU cards like NVIDIA Tesla® C2050 / C2070 / C2075
- Two dual-slot GPUs like GeForce® GTX 580 / 680
- An independent power supply to meet any expansion requirement
- Simple, quick installation with minimal impact per operator desktop
- Each x16 cable and connector provide a 250 mating cycle duty cycle
- Hardware acceleration without purchasing a customized PC workstation or a new Mac Pro (2008+)
- Works with almost any standard PC featuring PCIe Gen2 / Gen 3 x8 or x16 open slot(s)
- Add multiple graphics or GPU cards to any computer regardless of power supply limitations
- Add multiple graphics or GPU cards without having to specify, purchase, install and configure new computers
- No power or cooling needed from the host computer; Xpander Desktop Series II provides its own power and cooling
- Zero or minimal impact on operators' desktop screen configuration
- Minimal impact on operators' desktop space
- Connect two or more GPU-Xpander units to one computer (using two or more PCIe x16 slots available in the host computer)
Don't let your computer's lack of 'watts and slots' hold you back. Get your graphics or HPC on track with Xpander Desktop Series II or GPU-Xpander Desktop 4 for each operator's desktop. It will give your operators the graphics-acceleration, HPC, or CUDA-capable performance they demand at a reasonable cost with little or no interruption to routine or workflow.