Manufacturer Part Number: 975-0800-0
- Mac and Windows Compatible.
- Final Cut Studio, Premiere and other popular editor certified.
- ProRes 422, RED R3D and proxy, DV, DVCPRO HD, uncompressed SD/HD, 2K Film formats.
- Multiple real-time streams.
- RAID 1/3/5 protection against drive failures.
- PCIe RAID controller inside enclsoure.
- Laptop compatible with ExpressCard 34.
- 40Gb/sec PCIe x8 Host Bus Extender.
- 1-meter x8 cable with optional 3, 7 and 10 meters.
- Four high performance 3Gb/s SATA disk drives.
- Up to 4TB of useable storage in RAID 0, 3 TB in RAID 3/5.
- GUI RAID Console management and e-mail event notification.
- Enclosure management.
- Quiet and effective cooling fans.
- 3 year warranty
Fast Protected Storage
The PRO Q is the fastest in its class, the high-performance RAID controller uses the Intel RAID processor producing reliable data protection and exceptional data throughput. Your creative content are well protected and your workflow moves along smoothly.
The PRO Q comes fully populated with 4 hot swappable high performance 3.5" SATA/SSD drives, running in RAID 5 protected mode, the PRO Q can pump out over 350 MB/s sustained, more than enough for the demands of creative professional working in the highest video resolutions. Want to run faster? Configure the RAID engine to RAID 0 mode and the PRO Q will deliver at over 460 MB/s.
Take your creativity with you. Edit in the studio or edit on location, the PRO Q is small and light but fast to get the job done. In addition to connecting the PRO Q to a Mac Pro or any desktop computers with a PCIe slot,you can have the safety of RAID 0, 3, 5, 6, JBOD protection. Require additional performacne or capacity the PRO Q comes with a PCIe Gen2 x8 Expansion port.
40Gb per second HBE
The PRO Q Host Bus Extender (HBE) is an adapter that is installed in a desktop computer with an available PCIe Gen2 x8 slot, the HBE implements the latest 40Gb/sec PCI-express Gen2 Extender technology, enabling the extension of the computerís PCI-express signals to the PRO Q enclosure. The HBE is super fast, power efficient and runs cool. The HBE is capable of up to x8 lanes of the PCI-express speed, enabling the RAID controller that resides inside the PRO Q enclosure to run at full speed and cool, this also reduces heat buildup that otherwise would be inside the computer.
The full metal secure locking PCI-express Extender Cable connects the HBE and PRO Q enclosure, up to 10 meters can be used for machine room connectivity.
The truth is, disk drives will fail, and they will fail at just the worst time. Donít give it a chance to ruin your day. RAID 3 or 5 protection schemes are the most cost-efficient approach to insuring workflow continuation. Should a drive fail during your last render before your final tape out, donít sweat it, the hardware RAID protection will keep your workflow going even with one or more drives down.
RAID Management GUI
A web browser accessed RAID Console provides quick and easy RAID management. The PRO Q comes pre-configured for Mac OS X in RAID 5 protection mode, so it might not be necessary to access the RAID Console initially. But, should you want to change the configuration or manage the disk drives, you are just a couple of clicks away from the RAID Console.
Highly configurable for single RAID or multiple RAIDs with various RAID levels are easily managed using the RAID Console management interface.
Event notification with e-mail, Event Log Views, Controller and drive temperature monitoring are but a few of the full set professional grade manager.
All Metal Drive Tray
The PRO Q is built with the all metal drive tray. As the result, the drives runs cool and provides for a more efficient cooling for the entire unit, and it looks great with the collection of your high-end video gear.
Real-time Multiple Steams
The PRO Q is designed to handle the demands of a fast paced workflow without any delays due to technical or performance issues. The PRO Q ensures your workflow and timeline runs smoothly and without any dropped frames.
- PRO Q with PCIe x8 HBE + 1-meter cable
- Apple Mac Pro - One available PCI-e x8 slot
- Apple Power Mac (later model with PCI-e slots) - One available PCI-e x8 slot.
- Windows-based compatible PC with one PCI-e x8 slot.
- Laptop computer with one available ExpressCard 34 slot.
- Apple OS X 10.4 or higher, Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Server.