Manufacturer Part Number: 606652
DESCRIPTIONDOWNLOAD THE FREE TRIAL NOW: http://www.grassvalley.com/support/downloads/demos
Desktop Editing Software
EDIUS Pro 6.5 nonlinear editing software is designed to meet the requirements of both a broadcast production environment and the independent editor requiring the highest quality, ease of use, and fastest finishing possible.
EDIUS Pro 6.5 comes with support for a new proxy-based workflow and support for export in MXF formats to servers and professional file-based devices such as P2/XDCAM/GF and Canon XF.
EDIUS Pro 6.5 software also includes many new features such as 10-bit editing support, 2K/4K support, free shape mask filter, and 16-camera multicam editing. EDIUS continues to be the world's fastest editor when mixing formats such as MPEG-2, H.264, and DVCPRO all on the same timeline. EDIUS is WYSIWYG, seeing the full image preview while preserving the original image quality, with no loss of resolution or frame rate. EDIUS enables real-time playback of three or more streams without special hardware (verified in Grass Valley tests on computers with the latest Intel CPU).
Incorporating all of the real-time editing capabilities and features included with EDIUS Neo, EDIUS software also provides support for virtually all industry-standard equipment and formats, including the new Canon XF format and Canon EOS movie format. Supported input formats include P2, XDCAM, GF, AVCCAM, NXCAM, QuickTime, and Windows Media. It also supports all DV and HDV cameras and decks and 3D post production.
Featuring unrivaled video transcoding technology, EDIUS software performs conversion between different HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios, and frame rates—all in real-time. It also features real-time playback of all effects, keyers, transitions, and titles, and can export projects to any format or medium, including Blu-ray Disc and DVD video.
Desktop Editing Hardware and Software
For those needing hardware support while editing, Grass Valley offers a full range of I/O and encoding devices, many of which are bundled with EDIUS Pro 6.5. These include solutions for HDMI real-time monitoring, 3G 10-bit I/O, HD/SD-SDI I/O, and accelerated Blu-ray Disc encoding.
Desktop Editing Workgroups
For mission-critical operations, Safe Harbor offers complete turnkey solutions with a choice of I/O options to suit your ingest and playout needs. Optional software modules are also available for editing a growing file and render management in a collaborative networked environment.
New features in EDIUS Pro 6.5 include:
- Color correction tool supports 10-bit color depth
- Export sequence with alpha channel
- Native RED (.R3D) support*
- Improved XDCAM/ P2 data transfer
- 3D (stereoscopic) editing
- AVCHD 2.0 support
- EOS movie support (ALL-I (I-only), IPB)
- Camera RAW format support*
- Filmstrip view in Timeline
- Enhanced video layouter (drop shadow, resize quality)
- Built-in loudness meter
- Built-in shake stabilizer
- 720p Blu-ray authoring support
- Flash F4V export
- QuickTime HQ/HQX codec (Windows/Mac)
* EDIUS Pro 6.5 does not support source setting of RED (.R3D) and camera RAW formats.
- Work natively with many different video formats, such as Sony's XDCAM, Panasonic's P2, Ikegami's GF, Canon's XF, DSLR movie format, and now RED native
- Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title, and graphics tracks
- Real-time editing and conversion of different resolutions, as high as 4K/2K resolution to as low as 24x24
- Real-time editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60p/50p, 60i/50i, and 24p
- Real-time effects, keyers, transitions, and titles
- Proxy mode workflow by switching timeline between proxy/hi-res mode
- Nested timeline sequences
- Multicamera editing of up to 16 different sources simultaneously
- Direct to Blu-ray Disc and DVD timeline export
- Export in AVCHD format to a media card
- Windows 7 support (32-bit/64-bit) (Windows XP/Vista not supported)
EDIUS–More Formats, MoreWorkflows
EDIUS nonlinear editing software is designed for any broadcast and postproduction environment, especially those using newer, tapeless forms of video recording and storage.
Ultimate File-based Workflow
Perfect for file-based workflows, EDIUS offers real-time, multi-track, mixed-format editing, compositing, chromakeying, titling, and timeline output capabilities. In addition to the standard formats supported by the EDIUS family of NLEs, EDIUS supports P2 DVCPRO, AVC-Intra, XDCAM, Ikegami GF, RED, Canon’s XF format, and EOS
movie format. It also supports capturing from tape devices such as DV and HDV.
Exceptional Mixed Format Editing
Featuring unrivaled real-time video transcoding technology, EDIUS converts between HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios, and frame rates—all in real-time. You can edit in HD and place 4:3 SD video, or mix NTSC and PAL sources, or combine them all into projects in other resolutions and frame rates without wasting a single moment on conversion or rendering.
New Free HQX Codec for 10-bit Video Workflow
EDIUS features the revolutionary HQX codec for 10-bit video support. Designed with scalable technology, this innovative codec offers the highest image quality and performance available in any HD editing platform. The HQX codec not only provides superior luma and chroma sampling of HD video, but features an adjustable bit rate for increased video quality when capturing and encoding on high-performance systems. Using HQX, you can also combine and export video with graphics using the alpha channel. In addition to the PC-based HQ/HQX codecs, a QuickTime version of Grass Valley’s HQ and 10-bit HQX codec (for Windows and Mac platforms), are also
available for free download.
New Features in EDIUS Pro 6.5
EDIUS Pro 6.5 offers several new workflow innovations, such as 4K, 2K, and free size project support with RED native file support, editing 3D stereoscopic video, and AVCHD exporter to name just a few. The editing engine has been tuned for better real-time performance, and the enhanced Proxy Mode opens up exciting possibilities for entirely new editing workflows. EDIUS Pro 6.5 also supports alpha channel export, making for a smarter workflow between EDIUS and compositing software.
- Any Intel Core 2 or Core iX CPU. Intel or AMD single core CPU with a 3 GHz processor speed or faster (multiple CPUs and/or multi-core CPUs are recommended). SSE2 and SSE3 instruction set supported.
- 1 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Hard Disk
- 6 GB of hard disk space is required for installation (including third-party software)
- Drive with ATA100/7,200 RPM or faster is necessary for video storage:
- Available HDD disc space should be twice the size of the file to be edited
- RAID-0 is recommended for HD resolution editing
- Graphics Card
- A graphics card supporting higher resolution than 1024x768 (32-bit), Direct3D 9.0c or later, and PixelShader Model 3.0 or later is required
- For SD editing: 256 MB or larger required, 512 MB or larger recommended
- For HD editing: 512 MB or larger required, 1 GB or larger recommended
- Sound Card
- A sound card with WDM driver support is required
- DVD-ROM Drive
- Required for software installation
- Blu-ray Disc writer, DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW drive is required when creating Blu-ray Discs or DVDs
- Internet Connection
- Required for software license activation
- Operating System
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
Note: External video decks/cameras may require either a free FireWire (IEEE 1394) port or USB 2.0 port for connectivity.