ADVC-55High-Quality Analog/Digital Video Conversion
Manufacturer Part Number: 602005
The ADVC® professional family supports virtually any professional video conversion need. Each contains our innovative Canopus® DV codec technology, which provides the industry's best picture-quality preservation during analog/DV conversion.
Our ADVC55 unit connects VHS, Hi8, and other analog video equipment to a DV camera, deck, or editing system. It's ideal for capturing analog video into FireWire (IEEE 1394a)-equipped notebook and desktop editing computers. There are no drivers to install, and the unit does not require a power supply when used with a 6-pin FireWire (IEEE 1394a) cable.
- Connects analog video equipment to FireWire (IEEE 1394)-equipped computers for video editing
- Compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating system-based DV editing systems
- Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications including Grass Valley™ EDIUS®, Sony Vegas, Apple Final Cut Pro and iMovie, Avid Xpress DV and Liquid, Adobe Premiere Pro, Ulead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker
- No drivers or software applications to install
- Powered by FireWire (IEEE 1394) connector (ADVC55 and ADVC110 only)
- NTSC and PAL compatible
ADVC 55 Front and Rear
- Video Format NTSC, PAL, SECAM (input only)
- Digital Video 6-pin FireWire (IEEE 1394) (output only)
- Audio Format 2-channel, 48 kHz, 16-bit
- Analog Video Input S-video, composite (RCA)[AW1]
- Analog Audio Input Stereo unbalanced (2 x RCA)
- Analog Video Output - NONE
- Analog Audio Output - NONE
- Device Control AV/C over FireWire (IEEE 1394)
- Power 1394 bus power (6-pin), optional DC adapter
- Dimensions 126 (W) x 23 (H) x 76 (D) mm, 4.96 (W) x 0.91 (H) x 2.99 (D) in.
- ADVC55 unit
- 1 x FireWire (IEEE 1394) cable (6-pin to 6-pin)
- User manual
- Windows PC
- Windows 2000 (Service Pack 3 or higher)
- Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1 or higher)
- Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or higher)
- Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate
- DirectX 8.0 or higher
- Mac OS X (10.2.7/10.2.8/10.3/10.4.x/10.5/10.6) or higher
Note: A video-capture card or OHCI FireWire (IEEE 1394) connection is required to capture DV.
Why buy from Safe Harbor?
Ordering from Safe Harbor is a great idea - either securely through this website or over the phone, toll-free. May we take your order today?
- Authorized Grass Valley reseller
- Trusted since 1987
- Usually ships in 2-business days or less.
- Secure online ordering
- Great customer service
- Competitive prices
- We value your business
Safe Harbor has the best combination of price and selection for 3D and animation software that I have seen.
About Grass ValleyThe grass is greener here!
When you're watching TV, you're watching Grass Valley!
That's a bold statement, but a true one. As the world's premiere broadcast and professional solutions supplier, Grass Valley™ has over 3,000 active broadcast customers, and tens of thousands of professional users generating content using Grass Valley tools.
For more than 50 years, Grass Valley has been, and continues to be, at the forefront of on-air and production innovation, creating some of the most accomplished products and services available in the market. With hundreds of patents—with many representing the most fundamental technologies that drive our industry—numerous Emmy® Awards, and countless other industry accolades, today's Grass Valley is built from best-of-breed pioneers making it the most progressive video equipment manufacturer and solutions provider in the industry. Grass Valley is also the only manufacturer providing equipment throughout the entire content creation chain—with cameras, switchers, routers, editors, servers, production automation systems, and more.
Our comprehensive portfolio spans a wide range of sophisticated solutions satisfying the needs of broadcasters, TV production facilities, and professional video users throughout the world. Our employees, R&D centers, manufacturing locations, and sales and services offices in every major country in the world all have one goal: providing best-in-breed products and services for content production and facility infrastructure.
When you're watching news, sports, or entertainment programming, whether on a TV, the Web, or a mobile phone, you're watching Grass Valley at work.