Manufacturer Part Number: AES16E-50
The AES16e series builds on the capabilities of Lynx's industry-standard AES16 with an updated feature set and the benefits of the PCI Express interface. The architecture and higher bandwidth of PCI Express reduces bottlenecks and overhead, which provides higher performance for computer-based high end audio.
The AES16e-50 x1 PCI Express card provides 16 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio at a 192 kHz sample rate in both single-wire and dual-wire AES modes. It also adds up to 32 digital I/O channels using AES50 technology, carrying the digital signal on standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
Designed to integrate digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, hard disk recorders, digital audio workstations and other digital audio equipment, the AES16e-50 is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
NEW THUNDERBOLT DRIVER!
Lynx Studio Technology has released a new Thunderbolt Driver which provides Thunderbolt™ connectivity for the company’s PCI Express audio cards. When used with third party expansion chassis products from Sonnet Technologies and Magma™, the new Lynx driver allows the AES16e. AES16e-SRC and AES16e-50 professional audio cards to utilize the Thunderbolt connectivity on newer Apple computers.
“This is our first step in supporting Thunderbolt interface technology," stated David A Hoatson, Lynx cofounder and chief software engineer. “These upcoming expansion chassis allow many of our existing and established products to be easily added to a Thunderbolt equipped computer."
The new Lynx driver has been fully tested with the Sonnet Echo Express PCIe 2.0 Thunderbolt Expansion Chassis and Magma’s ExpressBox 3T for the Lynx AES16e PCI Express 16 channel AES/EBU interface models. Both units are expected to be shipping soon.
The Lynx Thunderbolt driver is available on the Lynx Studio Technology website at: www.lynxstudio.com.
- x1 PCI Express interface works with Macintosh or Windows PCs with PCI Express slots (x1 x16).
- Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs (16 mono I/O), AES/EBU format, 24-bit, single wire and dual wire, transformer coupled.
- Extensive on-board digital mixer.
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, channel routing, and buffer size are enabled, controlled and monitored from the host computer.
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats.
- Includes Lynx-exclusive SynchroLock™ sample clock generator for 3000:1 jitter rejection on external clock sources.
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OS X.
- Easy driver installation for Windows, Mac OS X.
- Windows Drivers -- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Mac Drivers -- OSX 10.4 and up