Manufacturer Part Number: MC100
Monitor · Distribute · Switch · Multiplex · Converge
As a broadcast engineer or A/V professional you likely have diverse needs when it comes to managing SDI signals within your environment - for monitoring, distributing, switching, multiplexing, and processing 3D in real-time. Until now, you have been forced to purchase different devices to perform these tasks. The new Matrox MC-100 solves all these challenges in one inexpensive, easy-to-use device. Matrox MC-100 is a dual SDI to HDMI mini converter that supports a wide range of display resolutions through 3G, Dual Link, HD, and SD-SDI. This single portable unit can be used as a HD-SDI switcher, a distribution amplifier, a multiplexer, and a 3D processing unit, making it the most versatile mini converter on the market. It should be in every video professional's toolbox.
The MC-100 firmware updater 1.1 is now available for you to download.
This update utility is available for Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 and Windows XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 3.
It provides the following:
- The current MC-100 firmware version is now indicated at the bottom of the main MC-100 on-screen display.
- A purple screen is now displayed if the output format is not supported by your SDI or HDMI display device.
- New hardware operating safety feature where all four SDI LEDs will flash red as a warning when the unit exceeds normal operating temperature.
- Audio issue fix for HDMI when outputting SD.
- Audio issue fix for 1080i Frame Packing.
- Fixes the issue where the MC-100 settings would be reset to factory defaults when DIP switch 1, 2, 3, or 4 was enabled or disabled.
Monitor SDI on inexpensive HDMI displays
Take your SDI video signal with 16 channels of embedded audio and convert it to HDMI. Whether you're using RGB or YUV, Matrox MC-100 maintains the full 10-bit video spectrum of the signal, up to a resolution of 1920 X 1080. Eight channels of embedded audio are supported on HDMI, selectable between the first and second set of 4 pairs.
Configure using On-Screen-Display
Quickly and efficiently configure your Matrox MC-100 via the on-screen-display (OSD) menu available on all outputs. There is no need for a computer connection. Every MC-100 feature is accessible through the OSD, which is controlled by three buttons directly on the unit. User-defined presets can be saved to dip switches for even quicker setup.
Distribute and amplify SDI signals
Configure MC-100 as a distribution amplifier to boost the strength of your SDI signals by 300 meters on SD-SDI, 100 meters on HD-SDI, and 70 meters on 3G-SDI.
Switch between two SDI signals
Toggle between two SDI inputs at the touch of a button, glitch-free as per SMPTE RP-168. MC-100 is also a loss-of-signal switcher. You can configure the device to automatically switch to the second valid input if the first one is lost or becomes invalid. As an added benefit, the LEDs on MC-100 illuminate green when valid sources are detected.
Multiplex two SDI signals into one 3G video feed
Transport your SDI signals efficiently using MC-100 to multiplex two HD-SDI signals into a single 3G-SDI stream. On the receiving end, a second MC-100 or another SMPTE-425M compatible device demultiplexes the signal, providing two independent HD-SDI video signals. Being able to multiplex two SDI signal means that you'll need just half the wiring to distribute HD-SDI video signals.
Process and monitor 3D SDI signals in real-time
Use the cutting-edge processing power of MC-100 to make multiple adjustments on stereoscopic video feeds in real-time. Hardware buttons let you perform Horizontal Image Translation (HIT) - sub-pixel convergence and divergence - on both video inputs. The images can be flipped horizontally and/or vertically, with pixel-based offset controls. Monitoring 3D content can be done on the HDMI or SDI outputs, with several analysis modes such as anaglyph, difference and 50/50. The signal can then be sent on a single SDI cable as a side-by-side or an over/under feed. On HDMI it can be sent in side-by-side, over/under, or frame packing (HDMI 1.4a) mode. MC-100 also features a built-in video frame synchronizer that is useful for 3D production. When you define one of the video inputs as the genlock source, the unit time base corrects the second video input and outputs the two video streams in sync.
- Height: 118mm
- Width: 125mm
- Depth: 26mm
- Inputs and Outputs
- Two BNC 3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs
- Two BNC 3G/HD/SD-SDI outputs
- HDMI output
- Mini USB Type B for firmware updates
- SDI compliance with SMPTE-259/292/372/424 and SMPTE RP168
- SDI support of YUV 4:2:2 8-bit/10-bit and 4:4:4 on bypass
- SDI redundant inputs with loss-of-signal switcher
- Automatic SDI output selection between 3G/HD/SD-SDI dependent on input signal
- HDMI support of YUV 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 on bypass as well as RGB
- Input Display Resolutions
- 720P 50/59.94/60
- 1080I 50/59.94/60
- 1080P 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
- 1080PSF 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
- 1080P (Level A) 50/59.94/60
- 1080P (Level B) 50/59.94/60
- 1080P Dual Link 50/59.94/60
- Display Formats
- 3D display formats on SDI: Top/Bottom, Side-by-Side
- 3D display formats on HDMI: Top/Bottom, Side-by-Side
- Frame Packing (HDMI 1.4a)
- Analysis display modes: Anaglyph, 50/50, Difference
- SDI audio: 16 channels embedded
- HDMI audio: 8 channels embedded, selectable between the first and second set of 4 pairs
- Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Unit voltage and amperage: 5V/3Amps
- Operating temperature: 0 to 40º C
- Storage temperature: -40 to 75º C
- Maximum altitude for operation: 3,000 meters
- Maximum altitude for transport: 12,000 meters
- Operating humidity: 20 to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Storage humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Universal power supply with international socket adapters included
- 3-year limited manufacturing warranty