Easy Texturing & PBR
- Microvertex, Per-pixel or Ptex painting approaches
- Real time Physically Based Rendering view port with HDRL
- Smart Materials with easy set-up options
- Multiple paint Layers. Popular blending modes. Layer groups
- Tight interaction with Photoshop
- Texture size up to 16k
- Fast Ambient Occlusion and Curvature map calculation
- Rich tool set for all kind of painting tasks, and more...
Voxel (volumetric) sculpting key features:
- No topological constraints. Sculpt as you would with Clay
- Complex boolean operations. Fast kit bashing workflow
Traditional sculpting offers you such powerful technology as:
- Adaptive dynamic tesselation (Live Clay)
- Dozens of fast and fluid sculpting brushes
- Boolean operations with crisp edges
3D Printing Export Wizard.
Ultimate Retopo Tools
- Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with user-defined edge loops
- Fast and easy-to-use manual Retopo tools
- Possibility to import reference mesh for retopologization
- Use your current low-poly mesh as your retopo mesh
- Retopo groups with color palette for better management
- Advanced baking settings dialog
- And more...
Fast & Friendly UV Mapping
- Professional tool set for creating and editing UV-sets
- Native Global Uniform (GU) unwrapping algorithm
- Multiple UV-sets support and management
- Support ABF, LSCM, and Planar unwrapping algorithms
- Individual islands tweaking
- Lastly, it is fast, easy, and fun to use.
What's New in 3DCoat 4.9.34
Introducing you the new 3DCoat 4.9.34 Update adding multiple useful tools and improvements, all to make your 3D art work faster,easier and better.
- 3DCoat now has native support of Blender via built-in AppLink!
- Full compatibility with Quixel Mega scans added! If you download a Quixel material into "Downloads" 3DCoat will automatically notify you that a new material has been downloaded and will offer you to install it as a material or shader.
- The same happens if you download a Smart Materials pack from the 3DCoat PBR Scans Store.
- Real-time Cloth Simulation in 3DCoat is now at a new level of quality and speed!
- Sculpt room got a new Bend tool added.
- Possibility to bypass dialogs in Autopo menu.
- Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.
- 3DCoat imports external maps during PPP import in a much smarter way now. It recognizes gloss/roughness/metalness maps and puts them to the corresponding layers.
- Full path to the texture shown in the Smart Material'shint.
- If several UV sets use the same name, the user will be asked to rename, so the confusion could be avoided.
- Tweaking vertex position with RMB updates mesh normals correctly now.
- Correct text via F9 moved to the Help menu.
- Correct symmetry support for all retopo/select commands.Split selected edges supports SHIFT snapping.
- "On plane" constraints made accessible in the Retopo room.
- Correct support of TIFF files (4.1.0) added, including Zip compression.
- Removed old-style gizmos from the Curve/Text tools.
- Baking of intersecting objects without "blur"between layers now.
- Res+ works correctly for really large meshes (can subdivide up to 160m with 32 GB RAM).
NEW IN BETA TOOLS:
- "Bend volume" tool to bend objects in-scenealong the curve added.
- Jitters in the Bend Volume tool. Now, this tool can be used as an array of bent objects. For example, for scales or spikes over the skin.
- BaseBrush as a new universal mechanism to create custom brushes.
- Smart pinch brush as an example of a new brush system. It detects the crease point automatically.
- 'H' hotkey works in curves editor as well.
- ENTER in Curves editor will lead to fill area using the current tool for closed curves and brushing along the curve for open curves. Itis exactly like it was for the old-style curves. If you need to run the brush along a closed curve - use the RMB menu for curves.
- Eraser/Slice tool in new Curves.
- Correct work of Strips in BaseBrush derivatives."Stitches"brush as an example.
- Curves editor window tweaked a bit - better control over points,snapping with SHIFT.
- Fixed Retopo -> Connect for vertices, now each pair of vertices split face only once per operation, it allows to create edge loops in sequence Edges->Cut->Connect.
- Lag when navigating a 3D mouse fixed.
- Fixed holes in the coverage of "Fill entire layer","Fill layer" commands.
- Fixed Retopo Import/Export - previously all edges were marked as sharp when importing, sometimes a crash was possible at export.
- Fixed painting with smart material using the airbrush tool.
- Correct Res+ for layers if layers' opacity is partial(slightly darker spots at the edge).
- Paint->Transform tool works correctly with freeze.
- Fixed painting with a rectangle over UV window.
- Invisible faces in "flat" mode issue fixed.
- Fixed problem of choosing new attached material by single click.
- FBX & multiple UV sets problem fixed.
- Fixed crash in the Magnify tool.
- Fixed free-form primitives UI in retopo room.
- AUTOPO from the main menu fixed.
- CopyClay restored.
- Restored pinning menu items.
- Corrected running brush along the curve (no gaps).
- Preventing the unexpected voxelization of the mesh when auto saving.
- Holes problem in the toothpaste tool fixed.
- Fill holes tool recovered.
- Fixed surface corruption in voxel mode when the user switches from surface deformation to the move tool.
- Fixed zero-ing eraser degree problem with hotkey.
- Correct saving of cached volumes in case of huge scenes.
- Fixed disappearing mode selector in Pose tool.
- Fixed voxelization with auto-closing holes problem (mesh destruction in some cases).
- Fixed problem with double undo after "Remove stretching".
- Clone and Degrade under Vox Tree restored.
- RFill and seams problem fixed.
- Correct stamp in the sculpting room.