With the GV STRATUS Connect option, EDIUS Workgroup 9 can also use the GV STRATUS video production & content management system to find content and drag-and-drop material from GV STRATUS to EDIUS Workgroup. EDIUS Workgroup can edit from GV STRATUS storyboard sequences, or K2 program/playlist files. Metadata such as markers and keywords added during capture can be searched and displayed.
Edited pieces are sent to the K2 for playout. The timeline can be published as a K2 program (playlist), or as one file (K2 clip). As a clip, it can be used as an event in the GV STRATUS Playlist Editor. The file can be played out of the K2 after approximately seven seconds from when the start of message arrives. The file can be played out while the file transfer is still in progress.
There are also components such as an Assignment List plug-in to integrate GV STRATUS with NRCS systems via the MOS protocol. Leading newsroom systems are tightly integrated with GV STRATUS, increasing flexibility and speed within the newsroom.
In a newsroom environment, the key to success is how quickly things get done. To meet the demands of this time-sensitive publishing environment, creative talent must work together in an efficient workflow that gets stories to air first. GV STRATUS is a video production and content management toolset that simplifies workflows with a combination of intelligent tools and powerful customization. GV STRATUS enables collaboration where everyone has access to every clip on the network with the tools required to manage content.
EDIUS Workgroup 9/GV STRATUS users can:
• Open sequences from the GV STRATUS storyboard editor
• View and use annotations created by other users in the system
• Create a new project and timeline based on the NRCS story name. This allows users to quickly link text and video within a news rundown, reducing time-to-air and potential operational errors
• View NRCS scripts with production notes and characters-per-second reading rate
• Check real-time status of edited stories, whether still to be edited, awaiting approval or ready for air. This story status is passed by GV STRATUS to the NRCS, allowing news producers and directors to quickly check the readiness of their newscast
Finished stories are sent to the K2 for playout by opening the NRCS rundown view in EDIUS, selecting the assigned story name, and sending. The file can be played out of the K2 after approximately seven seconds. The file can be played out while the file transfer is still in progress.